Have you ever said to yourself the 9-5 schedule is not for you? For some people working are routine is exhausting. Here are some advantages to working freelance.
- You set your own schedule you work when you want to work. Yes it can be more work but more flexible and you work for yourself. Your not overseen by anyone or obligated to work. Just make sure you get what needs to be done.
- You can take days off whenever you want as long as you get your work done. Finish early on some days.
- You have more work life balance which means spending more time with your family and friends. No more traffic jams at rush hour.
- If you want a higher salary you simply just charge more. No more asking the boss for raises. Most likely you will also have less expenses not much travelling and more eating at home.
- You learn a lot about running a business which is very useful. As a freelancer you learn how to manage your money and also keep up with your paperwork. Your the salesperson, bookkeeper, project manager and administrator.I am honesty happy that I start Freelance Graphic Design I am doing something I really enjoy doing.
Things I am learning that can be difficult as a Freelance Graphic Designer. I am enjoying learning new things and I love what I am doing.
Learning how the business side of things work. Invoices, selling yourself, promotion etc.
Getting good projects.
Early in Freelancing it is difficult getting work.
Getting Quality Clients. Working with clients in different time zones.
Next Few Years
Figuring out the next steps.
As a freelancer, you don’t get to work with a team as much and you don’t get a chance to learn from experienced team leaders and problem solvers.